-
March 18th, 2002, 10:12 PM
#31
Inactive Member
Too bad the "bouncers"(underage kids wanting milk money) didn't break your fingers. Go take a bath with the computer plugged in!
-
March 18th, 2002, 10:18 PM
#32
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Adept:
I knew i was their fucking meat stick, so i just let them pound me. Fighting back would only increase my pain!
</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Adept:
and i am the only one that would have a chance at the bouncers (most of my friends can't fight</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
It seems to me that really anybody could just take that meatstick pounding like you did.
You're story isn't holding water here at all dude.
Good thing you started this thread to kick off the week. I'd like to rack everyone in this thread. Except you Adumped.
-
March 18th, 2002, 10:29 PM
#33
Inactive Member
Since this is a legal advice thread I want to know the legal consequences of forging handicap permits?
-
March 18th, 2002, 11:14 PM
#34
Inactive Member
yt - that makes perfect sense. I knew i was gonna get my ass handed to me as it was one very drunk me vs. 3 sober super ugly bouncers.
HAD i been sober, only myself out of the group i was with would have been able to take any of them on. I still probably would have lost against all three but i would stand a chance.
This is all for real. I took a picture of my chin this morning. When i get it developed maybe i'll scan it in and post it!
-
March 19th, 2002, 04:05 AM
#35
Inactive Member
I worked as a "floorman" (bouncer) in college, heard many variations of this story.
Now I'm an attorney, and my opinion of such situations has not changed.
Bottom line, you will lose. In fact, if you file suit, you should expect suit to be filed against you, both criminal charges as well as a civil suit to collect for the damage you caused at the bar.
Learn your lesson, do better the next time.
WAR knowing when to say when
-
March 19th, 2002, 04:23 AM
#36
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jsc810:
WAR knowing when to say when</font></font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
I know you mean well, but try and remember who you're addressing here.
Adept is not adept at knowing when to say when, in any scenario it seems.
Drunk? Drink more!
Getting plungered constantly? Keep posting!
<font color="#330033" size="1">[ March 18, 2002 12:24 PM: Message edited by: yt1300inHtown ]</font>
-
March 19th, 2002, 04:46 AM
#37
Inactive Member
3 bouncers vs. drunk kid. Hmmmmmm I wonder who the judge is gonna believe. Inept, do yourself a favor and quit while you are behind. Or better yet go down there sober and call out one of the bouncers. Tell him that if he is half the man his mom is he'll step outside. Then you will get beat down sober. Not sure the judge will go for that one either, but, it's worth a shot.
-
March 19th, 2002, 04:59 AM
#38
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jsc810:
Bottom line, you will lose. In fact, if you file suit, you should expect suit to be filed against you, both criminal charges as well as a civil suit to collect for the damage you caused at the bar.</font></font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm a 'host'/bouncer at a pub as well, and first of all getting cut off does not mean getting kicked out of the bar where i work, and when you do get kicked, you are never dragged out.
I don't think i will lose. I have limited tort knowledge. I caused the bar no damage, and i certainly didn't comit any crimes.
If anything i think i can file civil suits on the bar and criminal charges on bouncers.
I knew i was their fucking meat stick, so i just let them pound me. Fighting back would only increase my pain!
This is how i see the things.
I get drunk.
I get cut off.
I get kicked out
I want to wait (with premession) for my buddies
I get dragged up a flight of metal stairs (by a new shirt it seems - not my arms)
I get thrown down in the lobby
I get my ass handed to me.
All the people waiting in line, got a more local Wrestlmania.
What charges can be filed against me, and why would i lose?
<font color="#330033" size="1">[ March 18, 2002 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Adept ]</font>
-
March 19th, 2002, 05:40 AM
#39
Inactive Member
I just got home from the Po Po Palace and i talked to the "investigating officer" and here is what he told me the bouncers told him:
I took too long finding my coat check tag
They escorted me up the stair (Admitidly dragged).
I cut my chin on the stairs.
I grabbed onto the door
I was pushed out onto the sidewalk.
I must have looked like a fucking terd.
Here is the deal though. I was being dragged on my back (how do i hit the chin?), and my witness buddies say i got a knee to the chin to split it open at the top of the stairs.
The cop recommended i take civil action not criminal (duh), and hypothesized that i had a case - although it is comprimised by inability to remember.
-
March 19th, 2002, 06:11 AM
#40
Inactive Member
Since you are using my comment as your sig, I feel somewhat responsible for you. Being that as it may, here is the deal. If you have ever used a lawyer for any reason, or know someone who has, get in touch with the attorney for a referral. Do not use one on the fuckin TV! One call to them and you never hear from them again. They just farm your deal off to some other ambulance chaser and if he collects, they get a slice!
Get an appointment with the attorney who specializes in this field. If he will take you case on contingency, meaning you pay him nothing unless he collects, then you may have a chance of recovery of damages. If he won't take it, then the proof is in the pudding. You have no case. I have seen like, same situations as yours collect pretty fair settlements.
Guess it depends on what geographic area you live. The laws are different in different states.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks